Mystic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystic Haven

Welcome Friend; to Mystic Haven, one of the last free cities of Norune in the war against the demonic hoards of The Shadow. Come and have some food and drink and enjoy the safety while it lasts...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Box

Enthracia - 29 years earlier

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Euthelis

Euthelis

Enthracia - 29 years earlier Empty
PostSubject: Enthracia - 29 years earlier   Enthracia - 29 years earlier Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:59 pm

Euthelis was on his way to the chapel. It was the first fortnight after the summer solstice, meaning it was time for him to go through the Initiation. He wore his cream colored gown and carried a small, pure white candle, unlit. As he climbed the marble steps to the gothic-style cathedral, he looked back at the nine other initiates. They were different than him. They were all content and ignorant here. They had no idea what lay beyond the city walls. But he did. He didn't want to stay here. He didn't believe in their beliefs, that you were bound by soul to Enthracia. He didn't like it.

The young elf wished he were in the forest, practicing his fire-dance. Nobody knew about it, knew that he was a fire-dancer. One day, eight years ago, he discovered a staff hidden in a hollowed out tree. He took it out and tried swinging it around, and the ends burst into flames. After a few more years of playing with it, he discovered that he could control the fire. He discovered the fire-dance.

But now, he wouldn't be able to ever use the magical tree limb every again.
Back to top Go down
http://once-upon-a-time.forumotion.com
Euthelis

Euthelis

PostSubject: Re: Enthracia - 29 years earlier   Enthracia - 29 years earlier Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:06 pm

Haelynn looked at Euthelis softly. He was too tense all the time. She knew he never really wanted to go through with the Initiation, but she didn't understand why. He was in front of the group, but he obviously didn't want to be there.

As the Elder passed down the line, Euthelis seemed to grow more agitated. 'What is the matter, dear?'
Back to top Go down
Euthelis

Euthelis

PostSubject: Re: Enthracia - 29 years earlier   Enthracia - 29 years earlier Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:14 pm

Euthelis received Haelynn's message just as the elder began to anoint the boy standing next to him. 'Can you promise me something?' The elder's hand came down.

'Anything.' It slid to the left.

'Don't try to stop me.' It came back up.

'What...? It went to the right.

Euthelis jumped down from the altar and began to run down the stairs of the chapel. Two guards ran out to stop him, but he slid under their extended arms. He stood up in one fluid motion and burst through the surrounding crowd. The houses flew past him as he sprinted down the street. Then he noticed that Haelynn was running next to him.

"I thought you weren't going to stop me?" He tried to pick up speed, but he couldn't outrun her enchanted boots.

"I'm not." She smiled. "I'm trying to help."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enthracia - 29 years earlier   Enthracia - 29 years earlier Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enthracia - 29 years earlier
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mystic Haven :: The Forgotten Realm :: Archives-
Jump to: