Mystic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystic Haven

Welcome Friend; to Mystic Haven, one of the last free cities of Norune in the war against the demonic hoards of The Shadow. Come and have some food and drink and enjoy the safety while it lasts...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Box

Prisoner of Desires

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:49 am

She stepped inside and closed the door behind her. She stood with her feet shoulder width apart and her arms folded across her chest. Showing her own muscle in her arms as she simply stared at him. She was trying to find a way to apologize for that, but truth was she found it hard to do so when she had not started it. She supposed her mouth would keep getting her in trouble where that woman was concerned...so finally she chose to say the only thing she could.

"My king."
Back to top Go down
https://mystic-haven.rpg-board.net
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:01 am

She stared at him, her brow furrowing together. "You are not mad at me for speaking that way to Mia?"

She paced past him into the room pacing, shaking her head or putting a hand up every time he began to speak. Finally she stopped and faced him again. "Darren, why do you allow such a hate filled creature to roam your palace freely? There is something not right and very dangerous about that woman. True I cannot smell blood on her, but she is still dangerous." She began pacing again before she whirled on him again. "That-thing, could very well be behind all the attempts at your life because there is certaintly no love for you. Just the love for power. Darren I agreed to be your guard and I will protect you with everything I have..."She paused as she approached him, she was mere inches from him.

"And I ask now, let me place spies on her. I can have every animal within one hundred miles of here on the look out for her. And she would never notice an animal because they are beneath her. Will you allow me to do this?"
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:23 pm

Mera nodded her head. "Of course I will." She went to Darren and hugged him again.

"We will get through this Darren, I promise." She pulled back her hands still on his waist. "Now, how about we take a ride and you show me around so I know the grounds. We should take Crystal as well so I can get the points from her as well."
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

"You are a good rider I hope?" She asked as she opened the door and began leading the way from his chambers and down the corridors to the stables. "You will have to be to keep up. Teirgan will be happy to be out and I am sure quite frisky."
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:41 pm

Mera did not stop walking but her seneses were on high alert. "Very, stay close to me." She told as she continued to the stables. There were very few people about and this bothered her. "We will act like nothing is wrong." She said in a very quiet voice. "And I am serious, do not leave my side."
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:49 pm

They made it to the stables and Teirgan instantly neighed to get her attention she went to him and patted his cheek. "Ready for a ride? The king has given you to me."

I am very pleased. And I want to run. He replied.

She smiled, "That's a boy." Then mentally she added, I need you to stay alert. Some one is trying to hurt the king and we must protect him.

He pawed the ground and snorted. None will get past me.

"That is what I am counting on." She turned to Darren. "All right saddle up and lets go."
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:02 pm

Mera did not saddle the stallion and instead leaped straight onto his back. A human would have had to have a stool or the stallion to kneel to do so. But not her and she patted his neck before nodding herself.

"All right, lets go."

She waited till they were out of the palace gates before turning her attention to him. "Did you notice how Martha and the boys were not near the stable? And half the staff was missing. None of that feels right, we will not tour the whole city today. We will instead circle the palace walls on the outside through the city." She told him.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:13 pm

"You have done nothing wrong Darren, often those who only do right are the ones who are brought down. But you have me and I will not let that happen, again we will get through this. I saw that you will indeed become a greater king then you are now and I believe that is what this person fears." She let the silence take for a moment as her eyes, ears and nose took in everything around her. Teirgan too had his ears flicking this way and that.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:24 pm

Mera could feel him again and she sent her mind out and caressed him, easing his troubles. She could not stand to see him suffer so, it was unfair to him that so much had been on his shoulders for so long. "Come Teirgan wants to run."

And with that she heeled the stallion lightly and he sprang forward, his powerful muscles moving smoothly under his ebony coat and she enjoyed feeling the power beneath her.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:46 pm

Mera laughed as she heard that. "I thought you could keep up!" She called over her shoulder. Terigan neighed loudly, tossing his ebony mane in joy. She laughed again as she felt the stallion bunch beneath her before clearing a fallen tree with ease.

"Come on Darren, show me what you've got!" She taunted.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:21 am

She laughed again, her laughter carrying lightly on the air. She had not felt this free in some time...even with her own people. She lead the race until Teirgan pulled back and they were simply running next to each other.

Both woman and horse were a magnificent sight, his long mane whipped back and blended with her own long black hair that had come lose and was blowing back. Each filled with a power that was sensed in their very presence and seen by the sleek muscle beneath their flesh. Rider blended with mount to perfection as they ran through the trees scattered in the senic land around the palace gates...
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:36 am

Teirgan stopped and drank from a stream they had stopped by. Mera smiled and nodded, "Yes it has. We shall have to do it again some time I think."

She sighed and closed her eyes for a moment just enjoying the serenity of the moment before opening her eyes and watching the sun set. It was beautiful here, she had to admit it, but when she was released she would love to show Darren her home.

Her brows suddenly furrowed. Where had that come from? He was a good man, but to take him to her home? That was just insane, no human stepped foot in her home it was against the laws unless there was good reason for it. She shook herself before looking back at Darren.

"We should proably return. I have seen nothing out of the ordinary." She said, her voice more detatched then it had been since the night before.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:46 am

She nodded and Teirgan without a word from his mistress turned back towards the palace gates. Mera spoke no further on the ride back, her mind troubled with the new things she was learning in this human world and the fears that were coming from the things she was starting to glance....She clamped her jaw tightly.

She had a job to do, a duty and it was protecting the man that rode beside her. Not wondering how he would like her home land and the magic and secrets it held. She would have to get her head back in the game...from now on it was simply about duty. Her duty to protect the king and find out who was trying to harm him.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:14 am

Mera heard what Crystal said as clearly as if it had been said to her. But she ignored it as she brushed the Stallion down and gave him some oats in thanks for the ride. He nudged her and she told him she would be back.

Then she hurried past Darren and Crystal only to run smack into Mia. Mia of course fell to the ground on a whirl of silks while Mera had barely budged. She cursed herself mentally for being so careless and reminded herself she had agreed to do a job.

Mia with the help of two guards rose to her feet, her eyes blazing and her face red with her anger. It was not a flattering look on her soft features Mera thought to herself, but those thoughts were cut off by the sudden burst that came from the lady.

"How dare you!!" She screetched the moment she saw who it was. "Guard seize that slave this instant!"

The guards headed for Mera only to find the dagger in her hand and her eyes flashing right back. "The first person to touch me dies." She said in a deadly calm voice.

Her emotions were all ready running wild from finding herself slacking in her duties and now this thing would have her hauled off? Mera's anger at that point knew no bounds and her posture and the air around her screamed so.

"Threatening the guard? That is an offense that not even the King can get you out of." Mia said with a smug smile.

Mera's eyes narrowed to dangerous slits. So she had fallen right into this woman's trap, she should have known. But she did not back down either... and the stone glowing in the collar and burning her flesh proved she wasn't going to.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:35 am

Mera sheathed her blade only once she was inside the palace, she her eyes were still raging and the slight smell of burnt flesh clung to her from where the stone had done some serious damage this time. But she ignored it, it was not important at the moment.

"I am sorry my king for letting my emotions get the better of me. I assure you it will not happen again." She bowed to him before turning to Crstal, "And to you I am in debted, please forgive me for threatening your men." She bowed to Crystal then too and turned and started walking off.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:49 am

The moment she entered her champers she punched the wall, though her strength was still more then a human the wall did not give and her hand throbbed from the impact. She cursed again and leaned agianst the wall making sure she had not broken anything. Finally she tore away from the wall and began pacing.

What am I doing? She demanded of herself. I am losing myself, that is what I am doing. Hugging and loseing control of my senses and anger...being around these humans is making me weak. She became ever more disgusted with herself at the thought.

She had to find whoever was behind this and soon, before she forgot herself completely. A few days in the company of Darren and she was already starting to feel something...like what love? She hissed mentally. Love is for the weak, it gets people killed. You do not have time for this Mera.

Mera stopped her pacing and closed her eyes...gathering herself closely and building walls around herself once more. The ones she had had before were still there, but they had ended up with gaps and many cracks. That would never do if she intended to keep this human alive and herself in the mean time. Finally she sighed and let her breath out before going and sitting in one of the window seats. She staid that way the rest of the evening...into the late night.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:33 pm

Mera awoke the next morning before the sun was even up. She bathed, ate and dressed in an outfit matching the one from the day before and headed to the stables. She fed and spent some time with Teirgan and was happy to find that the magical ablilites that flowed in his own blood had healed the wound clearly.

She mounted up and took a ride through the castle grounds. She had seen most of it but she wanted to see the rest and to see where all the guards' routes were and where they were posted. Teirgan could tell his mistress was upset and so let her ride in silence, he was enjoying the rich scents around them.

Mera stopped him beside the lake surrounded by thick grass and weeping willows and many flowers. She sat on a rock that was right next to the water, staring down into the glassy surface while her horse grazed on the grasses.

She needed some time to herself, away from the castle to get herself together...it would be some time before her anger at herself went away and it was safer if she did her job away from others. As it was, from this spot she knew from her own senses or from the animals on the grounds all that was going on. Mera could have done so from her room, but she needed to be outside away from human things.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:24 am

Mera sighed as her and Teirgan made their way to the lake. For an entire two weeks she had staid out of trouble and away from Lady Mia. She knew all the guards by scent, voice and face if not by name and all their routes and when the changed shift. So far no more attempts had been made on the king's life which made things easier.

Mera had not spoken to the king or seen him except from a far distance. She always made sure she was out and about...too busy for him to catch up to her. And so far it worked, she had over heard a guard just yesterday speaking about how distanced and cold Mera seemed. The other guard had then commented on what an excellent job Mera was doing though.

She had kept her promise though and anything about Mia was delivered to the king through Crystal, who was the only one besides Martha and Michelle that Mera talked to any more. Well human wise anyway, she still talked to all the animals.

Teirgan sighed beside her even now, as she sat on what she liked to think of as her rock. They had just gotten back from their last round with the guards and now the only company were the fireflies, the moon light and the soft glow of the lanterns strung here and there. The whole air to the world right now was peaceful, if not a little bit mornful.

Mera also knew that her distance from the king had not caused any alarm. She had heard servants, guards and nobles alike talking about how close the king and her had to have gotten for a Fey to be so passionate about finding out who was behind all this, that she was up before the caslte and to bed long after them. So that part of her plan was not being disturbed at all.

She sighed then and looked to the black stallion laying down beside her in the grass. "Well, everyone should be off to bed perhaps we should too." She told him.

He blew through his nose and shook his mane. A few more moments. And this was all he said.

Mera did not question him because she knew like her, this place reminded her of home and so she leaned back against the trunk of the cherry willow that grew right behind the rock, with its soft pink flowers in bloom filling the air with their sweet scent. Little petals drifted about here and there adding to the feel.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:15 am

Mera rose to her feet and mounted Tiergan who finally rose. They were back to the stables in no time and after brushing him and saying goodnight she began to walk towards the palace.

She was nearly there when her senses came to life and in a flash she had her dagger in her hand, just in time to fight off her large attacker. He was slain in seconds and then she faced another, she had taken the sword of the first and now had double the weapons and the second fell even faster. She then began running towards the throne room and burst through the doors ingnoring the looks from Crystal and Darren. She scanned the room even as she walked to the king backwards.

"Get your men ready, I was just attacked outside the doors. And I know there are ten more some where near by. Do not leave the king for a second, this is meant to draw the guard away from the king."
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:05 pm

Mera took her position right before Darren, she would die before she left it. She was just thankful Darren and the guards had been all that was left for the evening in the throne room. The nobles and servants would have only complicated matters and that was where her thoughts ended, because at that moment the wood shattered and flew about ever where. A few the guards that had been close to the door were hit and killed while others were merely injured from the splinters.

Mera's grip tightened on her weapons and her eyes glowed almost as brightly as the stone around her neck. But human's did not enter the room, instead two male Drakens entered. They were an ugly beast...with black, shiny hairless skin and they looked like a mix between a dog and a dragon. They were also the size of a horse and with long fangs that hung a foot down on either side of their lips.

Their claws could cut through flesh like a hot knife through butter, but what made them more dangerous. Was the barbed tip to their tails...it did damage going in, but like a barbed arrow...when it was removed it ripped forth even more muscle and skin.

Mera's heart sank as the creatures stalked forward...their red eyes glowing in the blackness of their faces as they growled and hissed at the guards. Mera turned to Crystal and whispered..."Stay with the King and get him some where safe...all of you."

Then as she saw eyes land on Darren she knew what would happen next...and she leapt right into the beast, throwing it off course and sending it into a wall. "Now!" She shouted to Crystal, but she did not have time to look as the second male pounced at her.

She dodged it quickly enough and turned just in time to prevent the strong jaws from closing around her throat. She blocked it with her blades crossed and pushed it off of her. The beasts were heavy and strong and they caught movement of the king and she knew what she had to do. She took the dagger and ran it from her wrist to her elbow, blood instantly welling and flowing free.

Both Drakens hissed and turned back towards her. Drakens were an old enemy of the Fey and if there was one thing they could not resist it was the smell of her blood. For a brief moment she met Darren's eyes over the beasts and nodded her head before turning and running back out the doors the beasts had broken down.

They were hot on her tail but she ran harder, leading them past screaming servants and out into the palace garden. She then turned and readied her blades...catching one's side as it lunged at her. It screamed in a pain, a sound that was earth shattering as it fell to the ground. Mera then faced the second and began circling with it, her eyes watching for any movement that would signal his intent. Finally she saw just a slight ripple before it lunged at her and she leapt to the side and turned bringing her blade down into the center of his back. He screamed much as the other had, but it turned to bite her.

It clasped on her shoulder and it was Mera's turn to cry out in pain. But she grit her teeth and used the dagger and the leverage of her arm to get the blade underneath the male's throat and ignoring the pain sliced it's throat. The smell from the thick black blood that began pouring from it was enough to make any thing ill, but Mera had no time.

She pushed the dying thing from her and in the middle of turning around felt a terrible burning in her thigh. She looked down to see that the second male had regained himself faster then she would have thought and now had it's teeth sunk into her thigh. She turned and blocked just as the barb of its tail came straight for her chest. She then took her sword and ignoring her leg slammed it striaght through the things skull and through her own leg.

It wriggled around for a few seconds before the light in its eyes died and it fell limp. She then tore her blade free and screamed with the pain. She collapsed to the ground and took the time to catch her breath back. Her chest heaved from breathing hard and from the pain that was rocking through her body. Finally she dug her sword into the ground and used it to help pull herself up. Then she began limping back to the palace....that was when she heard the cries of shock and outrage and she realized her mistake...

The drakens had been sent in to do exactly as they had...draw Mera away from Darren and the guards. Her heart froze for a moment, but then she ran pushing past her fatigue and the pain. Her only thoughts were of Darren and Crystal as she flew past everything including the shattered doors and the blood covered guards that had already died. She flew into the door Crystal had lead Darren down and had to leap over the body of yet another guard.

The sound of battle came to her ears clearly as metal rang against metal. She only hoped that she would make it in time...
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Mera burst through the door and saw Darren and for the second time that night her heart froze. She could see and smell the blood and could hear his heart slowing, Crystal and the remaining guards that faught for their king were in no better shape. Her anger grew then and she began to cut her way to Darren. Her battle cry echoed off the walls sounding more like the roar from a beast then from a woman.

The guards turned to her in shock even as she decapitated one of them before his mind could register what he was seeing. It was then that her blood lust raged in her and she faught, reciving wounds that did not hinder her and only seemed to fuel her. She turned and gutted one man, her eyes glowing with a savage gleam as she turned and shoved her sword through another guard, ripping it upward from stomach out his shoulder. More blood covered her from the spary and she spun around just in time to shove her dagger up through the bottom of another man's jaw.

She continued until there was one left and as she walked towards him the man began to pray. The man no longer so a beautiful woman, but a demon walking towards him. Wounds littered her perfect flesh from the Draken's and from the fight just now, her own blood flowed over her body mixed with that of his fallen comrades and the splashes of black blood mixed in from the beasts. Her eyes were glowing no longer that beautiful purple but a brillant gold that mirrored the eyes of a wolf. Her long raven tresses were free and wild around her as she walked and he prayed his death would be quick.

Instead she dropped the dagger and used her free hand to grab him by the throat and lift him up the wall. "Who sent you?!" She growled.

"I-I don't know!" He stammered.

Her grip tightened. "You lie human."

"Really! I-I only was...was told by the guards you killed that if I went with it...there would be rewards greater then anything I-I could dream. A new p-place among his world!"

She tilted her head to the side. "It would be like a human, to turn on your own kind for the promise of something greater. Greed controlled you...and now it will kill you."

"No please!"

But his plea fell on death ears as Mera sliced his throat with his blade, the death of bleeding out was slow and painfull, she saw that that was what he deserved. She then turned and nodded to the other guards who nodded back as they began to help each other from the room and then she looked to Darren.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Mera ran forward and brought him into her arms. "Darren!" She shouted, "Darren please!"
She knew Crystal was beside her and news had traveled fast because all ready Martha was there a long with Michelle. Mera looked up at them and then back to Darren as she strocked his hair back from his face. "Come on...you can't do this to me now damn it!" She shouted at him.

Martha looked to Crysal, tears in her blue eyes. The pain she had seen in Mera's eyes was enough to make her flinch. And as it was as other gathered it was like you could almost feel Mera's emotions...like they were you own. "Mera-" She started as she reached forward only to have Mera shake her head.

"No, he can't die..he won't!"

She felt the tears start to fall from her cheek as she held Darren to her and her hand shook as she placed it around the shaft of the arrow and ripped it free. His blood now covered her hand as she placed it over the wound, the crimson liquid still could be seen between her fingers. "Damn you Darren! Wake up..."She pleaded, "Please wake up..."

But she knew he was dying because she could feel her own soul fighting against the bounds of her body. She had made an oath...she was bound to him and she had failed. She leaned her head against his as sobs shook her body. How could she have been so foolish? She had fallen right into the trap and now he was dying...

Martha cried as she held Michelle who cried into the ample bossom. The guards were lowering their heads in respect, a few even let tears fall. A few nobles burst through then and stopped at the sight before them.

Blood and gore was ever where and in the middle of it sat Mera holding the king to her...covered in blood of her own and not crying over their king. The king who held her captive still... The king's eyes were closed and his face was relaxed as his life slowly ended and sorrow and pain were felt in the air. A few nobles bowed their heads and a few of their wives sobbed into their shoulders.

Mia burst through with her father but was stopped from going to Darren by the guards who would let no one enter further into the room. Crystal was crying herself and shaking her head denying what she was seeing.

Mera knew this was all going on and it stirred something in her. All these people loved Darren and respected him...she had seen that he was to be an even greater ruler then he was now and would help many people. She had seen it and that meant he had not died...

She looked at him again but quietly spoke to Crystal. "Get the others back against the walls...and stay there."

Crystal was about to protest but the look on Mera's face stopped her. She nodded and rose and took Martha and the others back against the walls and turned to watch the Fey woman.

Mera stroked his cheek again. "I will not let you die human, not now and not ever...do you hear me? I won't let you!" As she said this the Dark stone began to glow brighter then ever before and to those in the room they could actually feel the power it was trying to contain. "Now live damn it Darren!"

She shouted the last words and it was then that the light from the stone grew so bright it filled the room and the sound of glass shattering was heard if not seen. Mera held him to her through the pain as the stone broke and released her power. The sound it made was a roar as it the light grew bigger...filling everything and making those watch close their eyes.

When the light faded Mera was laying on the ground beside Darren...but all turned their eyes back to Darren as he gasped and shot up into a sitting position...their king was healed and alive.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:10 pm

The stone had shattered freeing her power and calling Darren back...but a Dark stone has never been broken before...it is against the laws that bind the Fey. And for every rule broken there must be a price paid....

Her body was bleeding from her wounds and from a small cut at the base of her throat where the stone and collar had once been. The skin was red from where the stone had burned into the flesh making it look so much worse.

As Darren carried her to the Healer's ward, blood dripped from her and left a trail on the white marble floors. Where as she had nearly died the last time...she was indeed dead this time. Her heart did not beat and her magic could not heal...she was simply a bleeding, broken body that Darren carried because her soul was all ready far away...

Mera awoke and found she was laying on the banks of beautiful crystal lake, flowers of every kind were growing and the air was filled with each one of their scents. Birds sang cheerfully around her and she saw that she was in the most beautiful forest she had ever seen and she was no longer injured.

She wore a simple breechcloth of white leather that covered her front and back...leaving the entire spand of her upper thighs bare where the braided cord held the two straps in place. She wore a brazier much in the same fashion as when she had been taken to the castle and her feet were booted in fine doe skin boots of the same soft leather as her clothes. She continued to look around until a voice drew her eyes to the center of the lake.

"Welcome Mera."

Mera turned and her eyes grew wide, because before her stood the Mother Gaia on the surface of the lake. Her long white hair fell about her in silky waves and her every changing eyes smiled kindly at her. She wore an off the shoulder gown that clung lightly to her torso before flowing about her legs delicately.

"Mother." Mera said softly as tears fell from her eyes. "Am I truely home?" She asked.

Gaia smiled, "Yes my child. You have come home to me to live forever in my forest."

Mera smiled but then an image of Darren flashed in her thoughts and the smile faded. "But Darren-"

"Darren is alive and well thanks to you. He will indeed live on to become the great king you saw when you shared your life with his."

"But I can't be dead Mother...I made a promise." Mera rose to her feet.

"And you have kept that promise, you made sure he remained alive." Gaia said as she came forward.

"No, I promised I would find who was trying to kill him...I bound him to me with blood I cannot just leave him."

Gaia smiled softly. "And you wish to stay with him until this task is done, is that it?" She asked.

Mera nodded and took the hands that Gaia offered. "Yes Mother, I want to stay with Darren and make sure the person who wishes him ill will is found for good."

Gaia stroked her daughter's cheek softly. "And what of your people?" She asked.

"Darren has promised to free me once the task is done. I know he will keep his word and I can return to the Fey people. My forest bound mother has not parished yet, she will rule for some time still." Mera replied.

"But upon your twenty second birthday you are to take the crown...that is five months away child." Gaia said.

"I know. But I must do this Gaia, as much as I wish to stay here with you I must keep my promise to Darren."

Gaia leaned in and kissed Mera's forhead. "Then return to your human with my blessings, and do not be afraid of the love that allowed you to save his life."

"Love?"

"How else to break through a dark spell?" Gaia asked with a smile. "You were destined to love a human Mera, and there is still much for you to do. Now go..."

Mera turned to the door of light that opened beside them and then walked forward. She turned one last time and nodded at Gaia. "I will do this Mother, I know I can."

"Farewell Mera..."

Mera stepped through the door, and back towards Darren and the promise she had made....

Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:32 pm

Mera had stepped through the door and could hear crying...crying for her of that she became aware. Slowly she opened her eyes and turned them to her right and she blinked. There was Darren with his head on her bed crying and feeling so hurt.

Very slowly..because her wounds were still there...she lifted her hand and placed it on his shoulder. "Do not cry for me my king." She said in a voice barely above a whisper.
Back to top Go down
Keena Sera
Guardian
Keena Sera

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:00 pm

She gave a weak smile, "Yes my king...I promised you I would find who is doing this. Did you think I would let death stop me?" She asked, her voice again was so soft...but that was because anything else caused her a great deal of pain. She knew she had bandages on almost every part of her now it seemed, because she could feel their weight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Desires   Prisoner of Desires - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prisoner of Desires
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mystic Haven :: The Forgotten Realm :: Archives-
Jump to: