Mystic Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystic Haven

Welcome Friend; to Mystic Haven, one of the last free cities of Norune in the war against the demonic hoards of The Shadow. Come and have some food and drink and enjoy the safety while it lasts...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Box

Of Might and Magic - Western Lands

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Euthelis

Euthelis

Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:51 pm

As Euthelis appraoched the city walls, he noticed a large man in black armor staring at the gates. Despite the heat, the sun didn't seem to absorb into his armor. Rather, the energy from the sun was deflected by the obsidian metal.

He would have asked the man if he was overly hot and given him some water, but there was an aura around him that dripped with hatred. Euthelis moved around him at a long distance, but didn't take his eye off of him. This could be troublesome. He knew there was cruel intention on the man's mind.
Back to top Go down
http://once-upon-a-time.forumotion.com
Siah

Siah

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:55 pm

Siah felt the Elf. Power flowed between the Elf and the ground he walked on. "A Shaman or Priest... Lawful magick!" An idea formed.

Siah turned to the Elf and stood looking directly at him in the distance, knowing that the High Borne more than likely knew of his lineage.
Back to top Go down
Euthelis

Euthelis

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:02 pm

The large man had turned toward him. Through his helm he saw burning red eyes. 'A demon...' he thought. He shifted his hand to his staff that was slinged across his back. He prepared his energy in case the worst happened.

Once he was prepared, he turned toward the demon. "Who are you? Why does your hatred emanate toward me?"
Back to top Go down
Siah

Siah

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:06 pm

Siah was amused... he felt a surge in energy from the Elf.

"Now, now Mist Dweller. Be wary of how your intentions may seem to strangers." Siah looked into the Elf's eyes with curiousity now. "Looking to enter the city?"
Back to top Go down
Euthelis

Euthelis

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:09 pm

"Yes, I am short on water. It has been a dry season this year, even for a desert. The cacti that I drink from are even low on water." The energy emanating from the demon turned from hatred to deciet.

Euthelis lowered the intensity of his energy. Perhaps this man knows of any news from Enthracia. He thought of Haelynn. 'Haelynn... I miss you...'
Back to top Go down
Siah

Siah

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:13 pm

Siah turned to the gate. "Let us enter as a party, a warrior and his healer. I'll have alll your needs met once within."

Siah walked towards the gate without waiting for an answer... he never asked in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Euthelis

Euthelis

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:16 pm

Having been given the generous offer, he followed the demon toward the gate. Even though the man dripped with evil energy, Euthelis was sure that Captain Bizal would let them through. He was best of friends with him, as Bizal was the only person who accepted him. He dropped his energy and released his fireshaft. "If you can, lower your energy. The wards, even when disabled, still detect large amounts of magical energy, and that's what you're emitting. Just a warning."
Back to top Go down
Siah

Siah

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:19 pm

Siah walked on. "If I could drop my energy I would have done so, Mist Dweller. You're going to use your magick to mask mine. So lets see some Holy Energy!"
Back to top Go down
Euthelis

Euthelis

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:21 pm

Holy energy?
"I don't have any holy magic. I am a fire-dancer, my energy is elemental, similar to yours. But mine doesn't originate from the lower planes of conjuring." He stopped walking. And one more thing: Why do you call me Mist Dweller? I am a wood elf, not a water sprite."
Back to top Go down
Siah

Siah

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:23 pm

Siah smiled. "Now is not the time for a history lesson Mist Dweller." He stopped walking and faced the Elf.

Siah held out his right hand and waited...
Back to top Go down
Euthelis

Euthelis

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:25 pm

Euthelis looked cautiously at the extended hand, and slowly moved his hand on top of it. His mind was swept away in a torrent until he saw a single vision, the same as in the mind of the demon...
Back to top Go down
Siah

Siah

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:28 pm

Siah stiffened! He forced the Elf out of his mind with such force it threw him 12 feet backwards.

Siah lowered his hand. "Let us try again, Mist Dweller. Without the antics!" Siah's anger was apparent and his fury dripped from his words.
Back to top Go down
Euthelis

Euthelis

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:31 pm

"How do you intend to teach me then? I see no textbook!" He sensed the anger swelling up in the demon, and in response he focused his energy again, taking five steps backward.

"I want no quarrel! Lower your energy, or I will attack!"
Back to top Go down
Siah

Siah

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Siah raised his right hand and the Elf was levitated off of the ground, "You'd be dead already if I wanted a quarrel, Mist Dweller!" Siah drew him near.
Back to top Go down
Euthelis

Euthelis

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:38 pm

Euthelis pulled his fireshaft off of his back and coursed his energy through it. The ends burst into flames and he dropped to the ground, landing on the balls of his feet. He began to spin the staff around him in a repetative motion, creating a conjuring rune in mid air. It also shielded his mind and body from mental connections.

Once the connection was severed, he stopped spinning and walked backwards slowly, staff still flaming. "Do not underestimate me, demon. My energy is powerful here. You don't understand what I can do."
Back to top Go down
Siah

Siah

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:41 pm

Siah looked on, amused. "Why does everyone end up fighting me...?" He thought and he sighed.

Siah knew that the guards were no doubt very interested in the happenings a few hundred yards outside of the city gate.
Back to top Go down
Euthelis

Euthelis

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:43 pm

"One last time. I don't want a quarrel, but I will defend myself. Stay out of my head." He released the built up energy in the staff in a burst of flame into the sky. He then returned the staff to his back.

"Now, where were we? Ah, the history lesson."
Back to top Go down
Siah

Siah

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:46 pm

"Out of your head? You were the one incurring visions!" Siah was growing impatient.

"Come here! And come here now!" he indicated a spot right in front of himself.
Back to top Go down
Euthelis

Euthelis

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:46 pm

Euthelis approached the demon, unsure of what he planned.
Back to top Go down
Siah

Siah

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:49 pm

Siah grabbed the Elf on his shoulder. He forced dark magicks into the Elf, massive power flooded the Elf. Siah's grip tightened as he made the Elf more and more powerful.

Guards with hesitant looks on their faces approached the two travellers.
Back to top Go down
Euthelis

Euthelis

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Euthelis began to shake. This wasn't good. The demon was taking him over with dark energy. But since the elf was a being of natural energy, it would consume him and turn him into a demon himself. He swelled his energy to fight the intrusion.

After what seemed like hours of fighting, Euthelis' body went limp. His weakness dulled his thoughts. The only chance he had of stopping this was...

He forced himself into the demon's mind, filling it with burning energy. There he saw an image of King Zain Zalon slaying what seemed to be a fully fledged demon. He withdrew instantly into his own body in time to see the black-armored man release him and fall backwards.
Back to top Go down
Siah

Siah

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:01 pm

Siah floated in the air on his back two feet above the sand.

The guards were approaching with great angst in their stomachs. A few drew their weapons.

"Agh! This Mist Dweller must have some sort of... He wasn't a High Borne! This one was a Fire Dancer!" Floating on hs back Siah laughed, his armour shaking.
Back to top Go down
Euthelis

Euthelis

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:07 pm

Euthelis looked through the slit between his eyelids. He saw twenty or so guards run up to the scene, including Bizal. The guard in his leather armor knelt down by the exhausted elf. He whispered into his ear and helped him sit up. "Stay away from this man. We have been warned to watch for him. He his trying to kill King Zalon."

The scene Euthelis saw in the demon's mind began to make sense.
Back to top Go down
Siah

Siah

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:10 pm

Siah rose and hovered above the ground before setting himself down and looking about with a questioning gaze.

He ignored the guards who were looking at him with a strange and remarkable recogition on their faces. Siah walked towards the gate, three guards in his way parted.
Back to top Go down
Euthelis

Euthelis

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:14 pm

Euthelis stood up and dusted off the sand on his leggings. "If he is after King Zalon, then we're going to have a big problem on our hands." He started to walk toward the gate. In the meantime, I need water for my cave."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Might and Magic - Western Lands   Of Might and Magic - Western Lands - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of Might and Magic - Western Lands
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next